Monday, May 21, 2012

Songs for Mothers That Would Definitely Make You Teary-Eyed


Mother's Day is one of the most celebrated events in the whole world. It's the special day to give thnaks and honor all the hard work that our mothers do for the whole family. And it's the counter-part of Father's Day which is the day that honors fathers all over the world. Mother's Day is usually celebrated in these months: March, April, and May.



Because various countries celebrate this event on different days and on different months, I made it my mission to compile some of the songs that celebrates the greatness and unconditional love mothers give to their children even when they have done something wrong. I know that because I am always thankful for the never-ending support my mom has given me all throughout the years.

I had a hard time on choosing the best songs for Mother's Day but here they are:

Mama by Spice Girls



Spice Girls was considered as one of the most successful girl groups in the history for having billion sales of album, commercials, hit songs, and being the icons of the 80s music scene. Their single “Stop” was their biggest hit and became a dance craze all over the world. The group was almost known for their catcht dance beats but they took their time recording for this song for moms all over the world, “Mama.”

I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera



I remember when I was as young as Christina Aguilera, I consider her my idol because of her true singing prowess. Her single “I Turn to You” ultimately melted the hearts of teenagers all over the world to be kind from then on to their loving mothers. The video that accompanies the song (the girl on the accident site being comforted by her mom) has an intelligent concept and will really make you cry.

Song for Mama by Boyz II Men




Remember of the time when all the boy bands were singing cute songs and making us dance with their catchy songs, Boyz II Men drifted far from that scene and concentrated with more mellow songs that has big impact to the fans over-all. “Song for Mama” is one of the constant favorites when it comes to Mother's Day songs because of the wonderful meaning it gives that ultimately touch the hearts of people on-site upon hearing it.

Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion




Celine Dion reached ultimate stardom via singing “My Heart will Go on” as the theme song for the 1997 blockbuster film, Titanic The Movie. But years later, another one of her songs became phenomenal as it gives off a feel-good feeling to people who hears it. “Because You Loved Me” stayed at the number one spot on most music charts all over the world.

Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler




If you haven't heard of or even watched the film “Beaches” then you're missing half of your life as it is one of the most popular comedy drama film that showcases the intensity of friendship. It even inspired the success of Bette Midler's “Wind Beneath My Wings” which not only targets the topic of friendship but also that of motherly love.

Here are my top picks of songs that can make mothers teary-eyed not only because of the melody but also because of the lyrics. Feel free to add some if there's something on your mind.  

No comments: