Friday, May 04, 2012

My Bad Bridesmaid Experiences

As we all know by now, weddings are wonderful events that ultimately celebrates the binding of two individuals in love with each other. Although a marriage is not necessary nowadays with the topic of live-ins and divorces, it still feels nice to share a wonderful moment with the person you love, your family, friends, and all the people who supports your relationship.




But enough about that because the real reason why we're writing this post down is to list the most awful things a bridesmaid may/must experience before, during, and after the most awaited event, the wedding.

I, for one, never really wanted to accept such position at the time because I was busy with my studies, college essays, graduation responsibilities, and everything. But because it was my wonderful female cousin getting married, I can't say I obliged but I still did.

At first, I thought I was just going to be one of the bridesmaid but I never thought that bridesmaids has a lot of things to do. Here are just some of the awful experiences I had as a bridesmaid.

  1. As a cousin and a friend, I only want the best for her. I went out of my way to accompany her and her friends to the cake-tasting, choosing the menu, and everything. But it seemed like humiliating a person was in the blood of her friends at that time but I just kept quiet.

  2. Another humiliating event was when we're choosing the gowns for the bridesmaids to wear.



  3. Bridal showers are always the main event before the female gets married. However, it is not fun when you get locked up “accidentally” in the hotel room while they're having the time of their lives.
     
  4. At the wedding, you meet a guy whom you think is worthy of your attention and feelings. Then he turns out to be in a relationship with one of the monster bridesmaid in the entourage.



  5. And finally, you got drunk so hard that you woke up in a stranger's bed! Thankfully, nothing happened at all.

And then with all these experiences, you just reach a point when you just want the wedding to happen and finish so you could sleep and go back to your old self again.